Vitamin B plays an important role in your daily life. Below are the benefits of vitamin B and foods rich in vitamin b so b
Vitamin B is the collection of eight water-soluble and essential for various metabolic processes. Types of Vitamin B are Thiamine(B1), Riboflavin(B2), Niacin(B3), Pantothenic acid(B5), Pyridoxine(B6),Biotin(B7), Folate(B8),Cobalamin(B12).
Foods Rich in Vitamin B
- Milk, Cottage cheese
- Meat, chicken, egg, pork, fish
- Wheat germ
- Cereal grains
- Nuts, peanuts
- Seaseme seeds
- Green leafy vegetables
Health Benefits of Vitamin B
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) plays a central role in converting glucose into energy
- Vitamine B2(Riboflavin) use the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in your diet and helps metabolize food into energy and involves in vision and skin health.
- Vitamin B3(Niacin) involves an energy transfer process in the metabolism of glucose, fat, and alcohol.
- Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) plays a major role in the oxidation of fatty acids and carbohydrates and helps to produce red blood cells and steroid hormones.
- Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine) is helpful for protein and carbohydrate metabolism and it reduces the heart disease risk.
- Vitamine B7(Biotin) helps in the metabolism of lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates.
- Folate (B8) is necessary for body growth and development of red blood cells. folic acid plays a major role in the fetal nervous system and brain development.
- Cobalamin (B12) maintains the mental ability, red blood cell formation and helpful in the production of blood cells in bone marrow.
Vitamin B Deficiency Symptoms
- B1 Deficiency symptoms are Difficulty in Walking, Paralysis, Mental confusion, Eye muscle, Congestive heart failure. B2 Deficiency is very rare and the symptoms are Mouth Ulcers, cracks in the tongue.
- B3 Deficiency causes pellagra. pellagra symptoms are mental confusion, dizziness and diarrhea.
- B5 Deficiency is very rare and the symptoms are vomitings.
- B6 Deficiency symptoms are muscle weakness, depression, and short term memory loss.
- B7 Deficiency is rare and the symptoms are hair loss, dry skin, abnormal heart actions, and depression.
- B9 deficiency is weight loss.
- B12 Deficiency is common in elders. The symptoms are Weakness, loss of vision, weight loss and memory loss.